Saturday 25 February 2012

The Woman In Black.


Me and my friend decided to go and see The Woman In Black at The Electric in Birmingham. It was nice to settle down in my seat with a galaxy hot chocolate and a brownie in my hands but I wouldn't recommend holding a hot drink while you watch this film. Even though the story line is a little bit cheesy and it's hard to accept that Daniel Radcliffe is NOT Harry in this film, it is defiantly jumpy and knows how to catch you off guard. There are many moments where you expect something horrible to jump out so you brace yourself but it doesn't happen. Then just as you have relaxed BOOM! A raven flies out of a fireplace in Dan's face and you end up screaming like an idiot.
      The story isn't that freaky. I think it's a bit silly even though there are some disturbing moments like when the kids walk out an attic window at the start of the film.
     But as silly as I thought it was, it knew how to keep you in suspense and I think that is the only reason why the film was scary. When I was on my way home I ended up screaming in a mans' face because he jogged past me with his dog and I didn't know he was there. Thanks Harry!

No comments:

Post a Comment